Job Posting: 6/6/2016 Deadline to apply is 5pm on 6/17/2016
Mission statement: Shiloh Place McKinney is a ministry to single mother families in which we equip each mom for financial independence and personal wholeness by addressing their physical, educational, spiritual, and emotional needs.
Position Summary: The Program Director will manage and implement Shiloh programs and program staff, evaluate effectiveness of programing, implement new programs, develop community resources and community network in order to improve programing and opportunities, and ensure all areas of responsibility are consistent with the pillars and founding principles of Shiloh Place. The Program Director also participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full time, salaried position, including some evening and weekend responsibilities.
Program Team Management and Development
- Oversee program management
- Case management, Counseling, Spiritual development, Children’s program, Life Skills Classes & Jr. Life Skills Classes
- Propose policy and develop procedures for approval in all areas of oversight
- Ensure current internal and client handbooks are up to date
- Implement approved policies and procedures
- Evaluate program effectiveness
- Utilize matrix and outcomes tracking
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics
- Analyze trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the executive director
- Attend various volunteer activities/events
- Identify possible areas of growth or improvement
- Responsible for ‘universal’ case management and program compliance
- Hold regular case review sessions with all principle individuals
- Attend weekly life skills classes
- Conduct intake interviews and regular client reviews
- 2nd tier of client supervision and oversight
- Implement consequences for client choices, including probation
- Make resident dismissal recommendations to ED
- Supervise and develop Program Team
- Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the program staff
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate program staff
- Train, supervise and evaluate volunteers serving in program areas
- Ensure professional development opportunities are available for staff members
- Oversee training and orientation of new program staff members
Partner with supervisors and leaders of other areas of Shiloh Place
- Work closely with volunteer coordinator to ensure proper staffing and other program needs
- Write grants, or assist ED with grant writing, that would benefit program areas
- Assist the executive director with the development of the agency budget, and monitor and be accountable for all program and service expenditures.
Represent Shiloh Place in the community
- Function as a liaison with community agencies, community leaders and outside resources.
- Develop relationships with business owners and colleges
- Increase opportunities to benefit our clients
- Increase awareness of Shiloh Place’s mission and approach within the community
Note: With established programs, program director will strive to empower the leaders under them (i.e. case manager, counselor) instead of having regular, direct contact and influence with clients.
- A mature Christian, actively attending a local congregation
- Minimum of a BA in a related field (Social Work, Education, Human Service, etc.) or commensurate experience
- Successful supervisory or leadership experience
- Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Experience writing grant applications and reporting, not required but desired
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Shiloh Place McKinney’s mission
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evening, weekend and holiday as necessary
To apply for this position, please submit a resume that lists your education and work experience, as well as a short cover letter stating why you are seeking employment at Shiloh Place to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Program Director Resume”, no later than 5pm Friday, June 17, 2016.